The following is a guest post from momAgendaCOMM blogger Kris Cain.
As soon as the hot weather broke, I started thinking about projects around my house that needed to be completed. I love to entertain in the summer, so I had a few things that I wanted to get done to get my house party-ready. Ok, more than a few things probably. But, there are some things that I have been putting off FOREVER.
I use my momAgenda planner to make a quick list of things that I need to get done around the house.
Here is my short list of summer-inspired projects:
1. Make the 2.5 car garage actually fit 2 cars: Like a lot of households, my garage is used for storage. Currently, my 2.5 car garage can only fit one car because the rest of it is filled with “stuff.” What kind of stuff? You name it… old car seats, bags of toys and clothes waiting to be donated, photography equipment, picnic gear, trash, and more. Ugh.
2. Turn the basement into usable space: I swear I am not a hoarder. No, really I’m not. But… my basement would tell you otherwise. My basement has become a hodgepodge of supplies, old baby equipment, old computer equipment, tools, and holiday decorations. It is a HUGE unfinished basement that we cannot use because there is zero room. I need to purge… big time. Even without the basement being finished we could use that space for SO much.
3. Revamp the lawn: With the crazy weather this summer, most grass is in bad shape unless home owners are the type to water religiously. I’m not. My grass is dry, and is currently too long because no one wants to go out and cut the grass when it is 100 degrees. Now that the weather is cooling down the grass needs to be cut. It also needs some fertilizer applied and more than anything else, it needs to be watered… a lot.
4. Clean out kitchen cabinets: Since my kids are still pretty young, my kitchen cabinets are filled to the brim with plastic ups and bowls. And more seem to keep showing up. My cup cabinet is so full that I cannot fit another thing in it. I need to do a purge and get more adult glassware.
5. Purge old clothes: I have a bad habit of holding on to clothes that I have not worn in years thinking that I will wear it again soon. Yeah… not so much. I have tons of stuff that I can donate. I need to go through my own closet and the basement and haul it all away. Or, better yet, I can setup a pickup with my local donation service. That makes it so easy. I just have to put everything on the front porch by morning and voila!
I am sure that if I tried, I could think up a few more things like painting, rearranging furniture, and organizing closets.
What are some of the projects on your summer-inspired list?
Kris Cain is a member of the Council of Media Moms at momAgenda. She writes about technology and her busy life on her blog, Little Tech Girl. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.