The following is a guest post from momAgendaCOMM blogger Toni Patton.
With summertime here, it’s all about preparing some tasty treats that are quick and easy. We usually have a packed summer schedule full of travel, the beach, and of course seeing all the new movie releases. For all meals and even snacks, I prefer to keep it simple. Check out these three recipes I will be making quite often this summer that are sure to please:
1 bag of kale
salt & pepper
1. Turn heat on stovetop to medium
2. Coat bottom of pan with olive oil
3. Add kale (you can do in batches depending on pan size)
4. Stir to coat in oil
5. Add minced garlic, salt, and pepper
6. Sautée over medium heat just until kale starts to soften.
2 whole avocados, seed/skin removed, and roughly sliced
Tony C’s seasoning
juice from half a lemon
1. Using a fork, spoon, or pastry mixer, squish up avocado until it turns into a lumpy/creamy texture
2. Add Tony C’s and lemon juice, stir
Enjoy on chips!
**You can add tomatoes, minced garlic, jalapenos, to get different spiciness and flavor.
Finally, in the summer we like to stay cool so the hot drinks (for the most part) are hidden away until winter. Summer is full of lemonade, sweet tea, ice water and one of my favorites…iced coffee! I like to make it is using creamer ice cubes. I brew a cup of French Vanilla flavored coffee and add these simple iced creamer cubes to keep it cool. It adds the sweetness of the creamer without getting the watered down taste ice cubes can sometimes give you.
Iced Creamer Cubes for Iced Coffee
Favorite flavor(s) of cold coffee creamer (or half and half if you don’t used flavored creamer)
1. Pour creamer into ice cube tray and freeze
2. Add as little or as many cubes as you like to sweeten your coffee and keep it cold.
These are just a few of my favorite simple summer recipes that are staples for my family during the summer. What are some of your favorite summer recipes?