The following is a guest post from momAgendaCOMM leader, Heather Reinhard.
Summer is officially here which means many of us will be hitting the pool and the beach this season. We all know that protecting our skin and hair from the sun should always at the top of our list, so here are five of my favorite products you may want to consider throwing into your beach bag before you have some fun in the sun:
1. Tinted Face Moisturizer with SPF: Although I make sure that I have the proper sunscreen on my skin, some of the sunscreens on the market irritate my face. I have sensitive skin and often times the greasy sprays, lotions and gels that I put on my body make my face break out. Yet, I need some serious SPF so I love wearing a tinted moisturizer with an SPF of 20. My favorite is Smooth Operator by Tarte which glides on my skin and doesn’t clog my pores. It’s non-greasy, gives my skin a hint of color and I know I am fully protected in the sun.
2. Lip Protectant with Sunscreen: All lip balms are not created equal! You definitely want to make sure that what you put on your lips has plenty of sunscreen protection. My favorite is the Revive and Restore by Blistex which contains shea butter, fruit extracts as well as SPF 15. It keeps my lips moist in the sun while protecting them.
3. Mini-Clutch of MILK: It’s probably not what you think. No, I don’t bring milk to the beach or the pool, but I do make sure I remember “milk” as an acronym: Money, ID, Lip balm & Keys. I don’t want to have to bring my entire wallet or purse to the beach because I just need the essentials, so I love the Clutch Wallet in Buttercup by Vera Bradley which is both stylish and functional. I keep all of my “milk” items in this clutch and throw it into my beach bag for easy access.
4. Wide Tooth Comb: After a dip in the ocean or the pool, my hair always looks like a hot mess when it’s wet, so I need a wide tooth comb on hand to comb out my hair after I go swimming. Using a wide tooth comb avoids breakage and it’s gentler on my locks when I am combing through my wet head.
5. Hand Wipes: At the pool or the beach, I can never have enough of these! I always make sure I throw in a package of hand wipes because aside from the sand, salt water, chlorine, suntan lotion and everything else I come into contact with. I always need some hand wipes to keep my hands fresh and clean.
What are some of your must-have products in your beach bag this summer?