The following is a guest post from momAgendaCOMM blogger Michele McGraw.
As we head into 2013, it’s time to reflect on the past year and look forward to the next. Technology changes so quickly so what was “in” last year doesn’t necessarily mean it will make it into the following year.
Let’s look at some of the trends for technology in 2013.
- Big Smartphones. For awhile, phones were getting smaller, but there is a trend now where the screens are getting larger. As we do more and more on our phones, we want a larger screen so we can see more and it provides a larger keyboard.
- Devices Working Together. Everything is starting to work with everything else. You can watch a movie on your TV and then transfer it to your tablet – and then even to your smartphone without missing a scene! That type of seamless movement from one device to another will continue in 2013.
- Smarter Technology. More of our gadgets will be talking to us and telling us where we need to go and what we need to do. Our devices will keep us better organized by reminding us of all appointments and making sure we leave on time.
- The Cloud. This is one trend that is continuing from 2012. More and more of our music, movies, books and documents will be in the cloud. That allows for that seamless transfer from device to device. It won’t matter where you are, you will have access to everything.
- Built-in Screens. We will start to see screens built into mirrors in the bathrooms, tables, walls and anywhere else that it would be convenient to look at a screen. This leads us to the next trend….
- Touchscreen. Those screens built into the furniture will be touchscreen so you don’t need a mouse or touchpad to work it.
What are some of the tech trends you see for 2013?
Michele is CEO of Mom Geek Media and creator of Scraps of My Greek Life, a blog offering daily commentary, advice, reviews and shared experiences of how her real life and the digital domain connect. You can also connect with her on Twitter.